In an Integrated environment, SightCall Agents will not directly access console.sightcall.com from their web browser. This will make make gathering Coredump log using steps on this article to be impossible.
This article outlines the steps necessary to gather Coredump log when SightCall is used in an integrated fashion. Gathering Coredump log needs to be done after you experience the issue (either during ongoing session or right after the call ends).
The sample screenshots are taken from a Salesforce integration using Google Chrome web browser, but the principles are the same regardless of the integration and the web browser.
- Open a web browser tab/window and connect to SightCall in your integrated environment with your credentials.
If you are having issues connecting to SightCall in your integrated environment, please wait a few minutes before moving to the next step so that there are enough log data to analyze.
- Open the Developer Tools by pressing either F12 key or Ctrl+Shift+i, and select “Console” tab.
- On the top drop down list (see picture), find and select "console.sightcall.com" element (see picture). This step is VERY IMPORTANT. If you select the wrong element, you won't gather the correct log needed to troubleshoot the issue.
- On the “Console” tab, scroll down until you see the prompt command line where you can type. Type this command rtcc.coredumptext() and hit Enter.
If you see "Uncaught ReferenceError: rtcc is not defined" error, that means either your integrated environment hasn't successfully connected to SightCall, or you did not select the correct element on Step #3 above.
- You should see a popup message saying “Logs have been copied to clipboard”.
At this point, the log file is in your computer cache (clipboard memory) as if you copied a text (Ctrl+C) from some document.
- Open any Text Editor application such as Notepad, Notepad++, TextEdit, etc., and paste (Ctrl+V) the content of the clipboard.
- Save the text file and attach it to your Support Request with a detailed explanation of the issue.