After enabling the SightCall for Microsoft Dynamics solution, the next step is to add the SightCall widget to the layout. This process involves:
- Downloading the package
- Uploading the package to Microsoft Dynamics
Once this step is finished, the SightCall widget will ned to be added to an entity layout.
Overview of integration set up steps
This integration has to be configured and integrated before agents can access SightCall features from within Microsoft Dynamics. The current step is bolded.
- Install or upgrade the SightCall widget
- (Current) Add the SightCall widget to the entity layout
- Locate your SightCall API key
- Locate your Microsoft Dynamics domain name and region
- Locate unique name
- Locate client secret and client ID in an Azure app
- Register your SightCall for Microsoft package
Add the SightCall widget to a layout
After you have installed the SightCall for Dynamics solution, you need to add the SightCall widget to the layout.
- Open the layout configuration of the entity in which you want the SightCall component. Select the Settings (gear icon) menu, then select Advanced Settings.
- Select the Settings in the top menu, then select Customizations.
- Select Customize the System.
- On the left, select the Entity tab, then choose your entity in the list. In the example, we will use the "Case" entity.
- Select Forms under the "Case" tab, then select one of the forms in the list.
- In the layout configuration, choose a section to insert the component, then click on Web Resource under the Insert tab. If Web Resource does not show up, maximize the page.
- On the Add Web Resource dialog, select the General tab. Fill the web resource properties as follows:
- Web resource: sc_widget_sightcall_html
- Field name and properties
- Name: WebResource_sc_widget_sightcall
- Label: sc_widget_sightcall
- Visibility: Check Visible by default
- Web Resource Properties: Check Pass record object-type code and unique identifier as parameters
- On the Add Web Resource dialog, select the Formatting tab. Fill the web resource properties as follows:
- Layout: Select One column
- Row Layout: Check Automatically expand to use available space
- Scrolling: Select Never from the Scrolling drop-down box.
- Select OK to add the layout.
- Select Save to preserve your layout. When this is done, click on Publish.
The installation is now complete. You can now go back to your Dynamics app.
When you open a case, the SightCall component should appear. If no data appears in the SightCall widget, you need to finish configuring the Microsoft Dynamics integration.