When you register the SightCall for Microsoft package, the registration process requires the domain and region from Microsoft Dynamics 365. This is the third step in the process.
Integration set up steps
This integration has to be configured and integrated before agents can access SightCall features from within Microsoft Dynamics. The current step is bolded.
- Install or upgrading the SightCall widget
- Add the SightCall widget to the entity layout
- (Current) Locate your Microsoft Dynamics domain name and region
- Locate the unique name
- Locate client secret and client ID in an Azure app
- Locate your SightCall API key
- Register your SightCall for Microsoft package
Locate the domain and region
The domain and region are contained in your Microsoft Dynamics URL. Let's say that the URL is:
The first two components in the URL correspond to the domain (blue) and region (green):
Copy and paste this information some place safe. You will need it to register the SightCall package.