Once you are successfully registered as an agent, you should be able to start a call. If that's not the case, contact your SightCall admin to make sure that your Tenant admin has assigned a use case to your user.
This article describes how to use the SightCall app to start a call using a mobile device, including tablets. For more information, refer to the Getting started with the SightCall App.
Starting a support session
Before starting, make sure you have installed the SightCall app on your device.
- Open the SightCall app. You should see a screen similar to this when you open the SightCall app:
- Select Start a video Session or Provide Visual Support to open the Start a Session dialog.
If you are using a tablet, this screen has the same features, but the layout is slightly different.
- Fill out the reference with the case reference (if necessary).
- Select the SMS, Email, or URL. For email or SMS, enter the details manually or select the Contacts icon to use your contact list to insert an email or phone number. Don't forget to add the country code for the person you would like to contact by SMS (i.e., +33 for France).
- Select Send to invite a guest to the session.
- The session link is sent to the guest. Once they click the link, the session starts. If needed, you can click on Resend if the link was not received.
On a tablet, this screen looks slightly different:
- Once the guest has received and clicked on the link, you will get a notification of an incoming call. Select Accept to start the call.
In the call
Once you are in the call, depending on the use case is configured, you will have access to various controls in order to best use SightCall. While the same options might be available, screen size and resolution impact how and where you can access commands.
The Remote tool panel appears across the top of the screen and the Local tool panel is across the bottom of the screen during a support session. Like the desktop console, the use case controls the features available but also the visibility of the tool panels. The tool panels can be configured to be always visible or only when the screen is touched.
|Desktop agent console in a browser
|SightCall app on an Android Tablet
|SightCall app on an iPhone
Ending a call
To end a call as a mobile agent, select the red phone icon to disconnect and end the session.