Agent Console on a laptop or desktop PC
For the agent console (console.sightcall.com), we highly recommend you use a modern browser such as:
- Google Chrome, an add-on is necessary and is available here.
- Microsoft Edge (chromium version, released in 2020), the Chrome add-on is necessary, available here.
- Mozilla Firefox, an add-on is necessary and is available here.
Any browsers not explicitly mentioned above are not supported.
Note: On macOS, we recommend using Firefox, as there can be some issues with the video stream depending on the version of Google Chrome.
Installing the browser extensions
Each browser requires an extension to work with SightCall. Refer to the instructions below for your browser:
- How to install the SightCall Chrome extension
- How to install the SightCall Edge extension
- How to install the SightCall Firefox extension
Internet Explorer end-of-life August 2021
SightCall is ending support for Internet Explorer on August 17, 2021. This affects systems running Microsoft Windows.
Microsoft has announced Internet Explorer support will end on August 17, 2021. View their official announcement for more information: Microsoft apps and services to end support for Internet Explorer 11 browser.
While SightCall may continue to function in Internet Explorer 11 after August 2021, no further support or updates will be provided for Internet Explorer after this date.
Agent on a smartphone or tablet
In order to provide Visual Assistance from a phone or tablet, you will need to download and setup the appropriate app. Connecting to the agent console using a mobile browser is not supported.
You can find more information here.
Guest page (WebRTC)
See the WebRTC Requirements page for further details.