Visual support sessions let you work with a specialist (called an "agent") who can guide you through the context of your session.
What do you need to connect to a visual support session? Visual support sessions are usually initiated by an agent. The agent sends you, the guest, an invitation to a support session via email, SMS, or a custom URL. If you are in the field, most likely you will connect to the session from a mobile device.
To connect to a visual support session from a mobile device, you will need:
- A smartphone or tablet running iOS or Android (see Which mobile devices does SightCall support?)
- An internet connection (WiFi preferred)
- (Optional) Visual Support app for the best experience and feature support
Connecting to a visual support session
Your session may be done in a mobile browser on an iOS or Android device, using the Visual Support app, or using the No-App Experience using Apple App Clips or Google Instant Apps. The Visual Support app offers the best experience of the different connection options. For more information, refer to SightCall guest connection modes.
To connect to a session:
- Your SightCall agent will send you an invitation to a visual support session.
- Select the link in the email or SMS to initiate the session. The connection will start in either the Visual Support app, browser, or using the No-App Experience.
- If prompted, provide permission for sharing the microphone, front and back cameras, GPS, flashlight, and photo gallery/media.
For additional information about the No-App Experience, refer to Connecting to a session with the No-App Experience.
Your agent can help walk you through using features during a session. You can also find more information about features in the Using SightCall (guests) section.
Disconnecting from a visual support session
When your session is done, you can disconnect from a session by selecting the red phone Hang Up icon.