Visual support sessions let you work with a specialist (called an "agent") who can guide you through the context of your session.
What do you need to connect to a visual support session? Visual support sessions are usually initiated by an agent. The agent sends you, the guest, an invitation to a support session via email, SMS, or a custom URL. If you are in the field, most likely you will connect to the session from a mobile device.
To connect to a visual support session from a mobile device, you will need:
- A smartphone or tablet running iOS or Android (see Which mobile devices does SightCall support?)
- An internet connection (WiFi preferred)
- (Optional) Visual Support app for the best experience and feature support
Connecting to a visual support session
Your session may be done in a mobile browser on an iOS (Safari, Chrome) or Android (Chrome) device, using the Visual Support app, or using the No-App Experience. The Visual Support app offers the best experience of the different connection options. For more information, refer to SightCall guest connection modes.
To connect to a session:
- Your SightCall agent will send you an invitation to a visual support session.
- Select the link in the email or SMS to initiate the session. The connection will start in either the Visual Support app, browser, or using the No-App Experience.
- If prompted, provide permission for sharing the microphone, front and back cameras, GPS, flashlight, and photo gallery/media.
For additional information about the No-App Experience, refer to Connecting to a session with the No-App Experience.
Your agent can help walk you through using features during a session. You can also find more information about features in the Using SightCall (guests) section.
Disconnecting from a visual support session
When your session is done, you can disconnect from a session by selecting the red phone Hang Up icon.