Your SightCall for Zendesk package needs to be activated to use SightCall features within Zendesk. You need your Zendesk domain and OAuth client secret to register the package.
Once you have completed this procedure, the next step is to Registering your SightCall for Zendesk package.
Locating your Zendesk domain
Your Zendesk domain is contained within the URL used to connect to your Zendesk Console.
For example: https://sightcall-dev.zendesk.com where sightcall-dev is the zendesk domain
Creating an OAuth Client for your SightCall package
To create your OAuth client:
- Connect to your Zendesk domain. Once connected, browse to agent/admin/api/oauth_clients section, and click on [+] to create a new OAuth Client such:
- On the Create a new OAuth Client page:
- Enter a Client Name, such as SightCall for Zendesk.
- Enter a Description, such as "SightCall for Zendesk allows you to start a visual support session directly from a ticket."
- Enter a Company name, such as "SightCall."
- Enter sightcall_for_zendesk in Unique Identifier field.
- In Redirect URLs, enter https://zendesk.sightcall.com/handle_user_decision.
- Select Save.
- After selecting Save, select OK on the dialog for the secret. You need to copy and store this secret to use in the package registration.
- Copy the Secret located at the bottom of the page. Select Save.
Your OAuth client for SightCall has been successfully created!
Copy the OAuth secret into Register your package.