Release date :
On December 8th, 2022:
- Visual Support version 5.3.0 for Android (Full-blown apps and Android Instant App)
- Visual Support version 4.3.0 on iOS (Full-blown app and iOS App Clip):
Week of December 12th:
- SightCall App version 5.3.0 for Android
- SightCall App version 4.3.0 on iOS
In this new version of Visual Support, we wanted to make your life easier and allow you to continue a Digital Flow even offline:
Once your Digital Flow has started, you can keep going through the Flow without a network connection. The Flow and the data are stored on your device and uploaded as soon as you get connected again.
We implemented several key features to make this possible:
- Asynchronous actions: All actions requiring a network connection (HTTP/API calls like image uploads, for example) can be paused until you get a network connection.
- Save Flow data on device: All the progress and data of your Flows will be stored on your device for several days. This way, you can go back to a Flow and continue on the same step you were, with your photos or other media still available for upload.
This last feature also allows you to run multiple Flows on the same device.
- Push Notifications: a Flow can be triggered or augmented with app notifications. This allows flows to run in the background from a push notification
Need to resize or compress a picture before uploading it to your endpoint? This feature has now been improved!
Overall, compression algorithms are now better on iOS and available on Android as well.
Elevation data is now also available in case and call reports.
Various changes were implemented to provide a better stability of our apps.
- Fixed: on Android, annotations on paused video are saved with the picture
- Fixed: Recording dates have been fixed
- Fixed: Some guest information was missing in case report (Device, OS, display name)
- Fixed: pointer and annotations were mis-aligned on guest screen
- Fixed: on Android, annotations are not erased when the user scrolls during a screencast
- Fixed: on iOS, guest location doesn’t show on map and information is missing in the UI
- Fixed: on iOS mobile agent, GPS request doesn’t prompt at the start the call
- Fixed: autostart setting ignored by the app
- Fixed: on Android, user isn’t prompted to allow GPS geo-location when needed
- Fixed: on Android, an infinite spinner is displayed when opening an URL
- Fixed: on iOS, “permission denied” popup is appearing when compressing an image
- Fixed: on iOS "Internal error" issue affecting video capture
- Fixed: on Android, when resizing an image, sometimes the length/height ratio is incorrect
- Fixed: on Android, crash related to video capture
- Fixed: on Android version 9, crash related to taking a picture
- Fixed: on iOS, when receiving an incoming call, the cancel button doesn’t work
- Fixed: on Android, when using Notes and signature, some button label is cropped