Using SightCall for Genesys, you can use SightCall's visual support and assistance features within Genesys. This article explains how to receive a chat and start a SightCall from within Genesys.
Using SightCall with a chat
During a Live Chat, you can use the SightCall features either in the SightCall console (console.sightcall.com) or using an embedded console. This option can be configured by your SightCall admin.
To use SightCall within Genesys during a session:
- Select SightCall (the three-bar icon) in the side panel's top navigation to activate SightCall. It may take a few seconds for the SightCall service to connect and initiate.
- Once SightCall connects, you can send an invitation to a visual support session via SMS, Email, or URL. Choose the desired method, enter the phone number or email if needed, and select Create.
- If you choose SMS or Email, then the customer automatically receives a link to the session on their mobile device or inbox.
- If you select URL, copy and paste the session link into the chat session for your customer.
- Depending upon how your SightCall use case is configured in the admin portal, you will either see an embedded console (shown below) or the agent console (console.sightcall.com) will open in a new browser tab or window.