SightCall for Genesys lets you initiate and conduct SightCall visual support sessions from within Genesys using a widget. The SightCall for Genesys integration automatically provisions SightCall users; you do not have to add create users in the admin portal.
In this article
The installation process follows these steps:
- Locate your SightCall tenant API key, Genesys region, and Genesys organization ID.
- Contact your SightCall account representative to help link your SightCall tenant with your Genesys instance.
- Install the SightCall for Genesys app from the App Foundry.
- Configure the Sightcall app in Genesys by adding a group, queue, and roles.
- Test the SightCall features in Genesys.
In addition, you can extend the capabilities of SightCall by enabling other features:
- Setting embedded or external agent console for Genesys
- Enable SightCall features
- Set up a media endpoint to save pictures and media
To install the SightCall for Genesys widget, you will need:
- Access to Genesys AppFoundry
- Super Admin access to the SightCall admin console (admin.sightcall.com)
Note: You need to configure a media endpoint in the SightCall use case to save pictures and media created during a visual support session.
Locating information for the installation
To install the SightCall for Genesys integration, you need three key pieces of information:
- Your SightCall tenant API key
- The Genesys region
- The Genesys organization ID
This information is used to pair your Genesys instance with your Sightcall tenant so the services can be linked. Your SightCall Sales Engineer or account representative can help complete this process.
Locating the SightCall tenant API key
Each SightCall tenant has a unique API key generated for that tenant. The API key is located in the admin portal, admin.sightcall.com. The API key is only visible to admins with Super Admin permissions.
How do you know if you have super admin access in your tenant? If you log in to the admin portal and you are a super admin, the first item in the left navigation says Administration. If you have regular admin access, then the first section you'll see is either Analytics or Tenant.
This article explains how to find your SightCall API key: Where can I find my SightCall API Key?
Locating the Genesys region and organization ID
The next step is to locate the Genesys region and organization ID.
To locate the Region:
- First, sign in to Genesys.
The region is located in the URL. The Region in this case usw2.pure.cloud.
- Note the region. You will need it when you contact SightCall.
To locate the Organization ID:
- From within Genesys, select the Admin tab in the top navigation.
- Under the Account Settings, select Organization Settings.
- Select Advanced.
- On the Organization Details tab, locate the Organization ID.
- Copy the ID and paste it in a plain text file to reference when you contact SightCall.
Once you have gathered information, the next step is to contact your SightCall representative so they can pair your SightCall tenant with your Genesys instance. When you call or email, make sure you have the information you gathered in the previous section.
Installing the SightCall for Genesys app
Next, install the SightCall for Genesys app to complete the integration. You may need to be authorized and have proper permissions within your Genesys organization to install an app. Otherwise, your Genesys admin can install the app for you.
- Sign in to Genesys.
- Visit the SightCall for Genesys on the AppFoundry.
- Select Install to add the SightCall for Genesys app.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Once the app is installed, it needs to be activated.
- Select Admin from the top navigation in Genesys.
- Select Integrations > Integrations.
- Locate SightCall_SightCall for Genesys and verify that the status is Active. If the status is Inactive, select the toggle to Active.
Configuring a group, queue, and roles in Genesys
You need to create a group, queue, and roles to configure the SightCall app in Genesys.
Creating a group lets you determine who can access the SightCall app and widget. To create a group:
- In Genesys, select the Admin tab from the top navigation.
- Select Directory > Groups. Select +Add Group.
- Enter a name for the group. For example, in the screenshot below the name is "SightCall_SightCall". Leave Type and Visibility as the defaults.
- Select Save.
- On the Groups page, select the name of the group you just created to view the Group Details page.
- On the Membership tab, select Edit to add people to the widget so they can access the SightCall widget.
Add the Person(agent) you want to use with the Sightcall widget by typing their name. Add any additional people. Select Save.
To create a queue for SightCall:
- Go to the Admin page and select Contact Center > Queue or enter Queue in the search box.
- Select Create Queue to display the Create Queue side panel.
- Add a Name for the queue and select Save.
- You should see the General tab for the queue you just created. If not, select the name of the queue you just created to view details.
- Select the Members tab.
- Enter a name in the Select new members field. Select the + icon to add the member. Add any additional members.
Changes are automatically saved.
The next step is to verify the roles for your account.
- From the Admin tab, enter People in the search box. Select People.
- Verify that your account has the following roles: employee, Communicate - User, Developer, SightCall_Role, and User. The toggle should be to the right and show a blue background if the role is active.
- If a role is missing, select All from the View drop-down to display all roles. Locate the missing role and change the Assigned toggle to active.
- Select Save if you made any changes.
Testing the configuration
The next step is to simulate an inbound chat request to test the configuration. This test uses the Genesys Developer Tools to simulate a chat. If you don't have access to the Developer Tools, then you'll need to place a request into the queue manually.
To test the configuration using Developer Tools, you need to initiate the chat and then answer it from the queue in Genesys.
To initiate the chat:
- Within Genesys, verify that your user name is in added to the queue you created earlier and that your account has the correct permissions.
- Open the Genesys Developer Tools: https://developer.genesys.cloud/developer-tools/
- Select Web Chats.
- Select your queue from the Queue drop-down and choose Start Chat.
To answer the chat in Genesys:
- From within Genesys, select the toggle in the upper right to activate your queue.
- Select Yes to answer the chat request.
- Select SightCall (the three-bar icon) in the side panel's top navigation to activate SightCall. It may take a few seconds for the SightCall service to connect and initiate.
- Once SightCall connects, you will have the option to create a video session via SMS, Email, or URL. Select URL and select Create.
- Paste the URL into the chat and then select the URL to initiate a session.
- Depending upon how your SightCall use case is configured in the admin portal, you will either see an embedded console (shown below) or the agent console (console.sightcall.com) will open in a new browser tab or window.