RealWear is a knowledge transfer platform company providing in-situation information and in-the-field training with software and hardware to help people improve safety and increase productivity at work. The SightCall and RealWear integration empower RealWear customers to take advantage of the world’s leading visual assistance platform for enterprises.
SightCall supports RealWear head-mounted tablet (HMT) with the Visual Support app. Before you can connect to a SightCall session, you will need to install the Visual Support app on your RealWear HMT device.
In this article
This article has the following sections:
- Installing the Visual Support app for RealWear
- Joining a session
- Sending and receiving chat messages
- Best practices
- Ending a session
- Supported key words for smart glasses and head-mounted tablets
- Features available in smart glasses and head-mounted tablets
To use a RealWear HMT with SightCall, you need:
- RealWear’s software, RealWear Explorer, on your computer
- Visual Support APK file, obtained from SightCall admin or representative, to install on your RealWear HMT
- RealWear HMT upgraded to at least firmware version (upgrade instructions are available on RealWear’s site)
Installing the Visual Support app for RealWear
Prior to starting this procedure, verify that RealWear Explorer is installed on your computer.
To install the Visual Support app on the RealWear HMT:
- Open RW Explorer on your computer.
- Connect the RealWear HMT to RW Explorer so the device’s screen is displayed on the RW Explorer interface:
- Power on the RealWear HMT.
- Attach the USB cable to the computer.
- Start RW Explorer.
- Select Connect with RealWear Cast.
- Select Done.
- On your computer, drag and drop the Visual Support APK file onto the Drag and Drop APKs Here in the upper right corner of the app screen.
- Select OK on the Successful Install dialog.
- On RW Explorer or in the HMT screen, navigate to My Programs and verify that Visual Support is listed.
Configure BinaryEye to open URLs
- Open the BinaryEye Application on your RealWear device using RealWear Explorer.
- Select the three dots at the top left and select Preferences.
- Scroll down and toggle Open immediately to on. Close Preferences.
Launch My Programs.
Joining a session
When you start a session, the agent will send you an email with an embedded QR code. You need to scan this QR code to join the SightCall session.
- Once you receive the email, display the QR code on a screen that you can view with the HMT.
- Navigate to My Programs and say Open Barcode Reader or BinaryEye.
- Move the camera display so the QR code in the email invitation is visible.
- If prompted, say Allow to give access to pictures and record.
- If prompted, say Allow to let Visual Support record audio.
TIP: Rescan the QR code if you do not see the UI interface.
Here are some suggestions when on a session:
- Say Mute Microphone to pause voice recognition and use the Action button on HMT to reactivate it.
- Say Navigate Back to return to a previous screen or exit out of an action.
- Restarting an action may help resolve an issue.
Sending and receiving chat messages
Any messages sent to you by the agent appear on the RealWear HMT display.
You can send and reply to chat messages with the agent during a session using voice commands. RealWear HMT uses a Speech Keyboard or Dictation. Using Dictation lets you use voice-to-text instead of manually entering each letter in a word.
To send a chat message during an active session:
- Say Open Chat to display the Messages interface.
- Say Dictation to enable speech-to-text.
- As you speak, the words appear in the chat response. If the dictation session times out, say Restart.
- Say Accept to send the words to the chat window.
- The text appears in the message box. Each line and icon is numbered. Note the number of the Send icon.
- Say Select item # (where # is the number of the Send icon) to send the message. If the numbers disappear, you can say Session and they will reappear.
Ending a session
When you have finished a session:
- Finalize any work you are doing for the session.
- Say Hang up to disconnect.