Note: Before you try these steps, please ensure you are using a compatible operating system:
Compatible Operating systems
- Windows 10 (64-bit) & up
- macOS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina), 10.16/11.0 Big Sur
If you are still using Windows 7 or 8, please contact SightCall Support for assistance
If the plugin is installed but you are still receiving the following error "Please Download the latest version of the plugin":
There might be some IT Policies in place on your computer which are preventing the usage of the SightCall Plugin.
Please apply the following steps to help resolve the issue:
- If you have full Admin access and permissions to the workstation, run the script to uninstall any Plugin remnants from your workstation. Afterwards, reinstall the Plugin. And install the appropriate extension (Chrome, Edge)
- If the issue still occurs, review the current policy in place in your environment:
- Open the Chrome or Edge browser and browse to chrome://policy. (or edge://policy)
- Review the policies and make sure that you do not have any value set in NativeMessagingBlocklist or NativeMessagingUserLevelHosts.
- If you have a "*" value in NativeMessagingBlocklist then you can simply add com.sightcall.chrome.driver value (if Chrome Extension is used) or com.sightcall.edge.driver value (if Edge Add-ons is used) to NativeMessagingAllowlist.
- If you have NativeMessagingUserLevelHosts set to "false", you can reverse it if the IT policy allows. Otherwise, you can use the Admin Plugin instead.
- If the issue still occurs, ask your IT team to review your Network / Active Directory group policy and make sure the policy allows execution from C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\SightCall folder. (previously npRTCCplugin)
Notes: xxxxx = your username
- Ask your IT to review any logs from Antivirus software that might block execution of not-yet-trusted software and ensure that SightCall and other RTCC*.exe files are added to the list of trusted software. If you require further assistance with this step, please reach out to the Support team.