The SightCall for Salesforce package allows you to trigger Mobile-to-Mobile video sessions, from the click of a button within Salesforce. A Salesforce user, already registered as a mobile agent, can start a Mobile use case with a guest referenced in a Salesforce record.
Note: Some steps require additional help from SightCall.
Package version and widget features
To use mobile-to-mobile video sessions, you should upgrade your package to at least version 1.86. This version of the package comes with two widgets enabling this functionality:
Double button widget: You can, by the click of a button, send an SMS or Email to the guest (basic interface)
SMS/Email/URL selector widget: You can see the guest information before sending the notification, and can change the recipient if needed.
This component can be made visible from a Salesforce button or be directly put in an object Layout. It is available for Salesforce Lightning on a Desktop, on a Mobile device (Salesforce One), or in the Salesforce App (Android & iOS).
Note: The mobile agent receiving the session should be in your Salesforce Tenant and linked to a use case.
- Starting with 1.93, this widget can be used to generate URLs.
- Starting with 1.98.3, this widget can handle use case selection.
To use this feature, you will need to link the Salesforce Users with their SightCall mobile agents and to change some Salesforce objects layouts. This requires SightCall Admin rights are required.
To use this feature, you need an already registered mobile agent, linked to a Mobile use case.
Setting up Salesforce
First, create a custom field in the User object. This field will be used to store the SightCall Mobile Agent login associated with the Salesforce user.
- Sign into Salesforce.
- Select the Settings (gear) menu and choose Setup.
- In the left navigation, use the search to look for Object Manager.
- Select Object Manager and search for the User object.
- In this object Properties, look for the Field & Relationships menu on the left. Select it and then click New to open the New Custom Field page.
- Select the radio button next to Text and then select Next to create a new field with the Text data type.
- On Step 2 in the Field Label, enter using any name that you wish. The Length field should have a value of at least 80. Select Next to continue.
- On Step 3, select the checkbox next to the Visible column heading to make sure every profile can see this new field. Select Next to continue.
On Step 4. Add to page layouts, Add this field to the User layouts. It will be easier to fill in this field for every Salesforce user. Select Save.
Look for your newly created field and copy the Field Name (technical ID of the field). In this case, the Field Name was located by searching for the name of the Text field created in previous steps.
Contact your SightCall CSM with the Field Name and your Salesforce organization. They will add a custom field to your SightCall for Salesforce configuration.
Link the Salesforce use to the mobile agent
- Copy your mobile agent Login from the SightCall admin portal.
- Copy this login in the new field for the correct Salesforce user from the Setup > User section.
TIP: If you want to configure your user, select your name below your avatar and select Edit.
Add the widget to the Salesforce page
The widget is a “Lightning Component” and can be displayed in multiple ways. We’ll explain how to display it as a Lightning Action (available by the click of a button from a record page)
In Salesforce, go to the “Setup > Object Manager”, and look for the object you want to add this widget into. In this example, we're using a widget in a Case.
- Search for Buttons, Links, and Actions and click on New Action.
- Configure the new action:
Action Type: Lightning Component
- To use the double-button widget, select sc_lightning:GenerateSightCallForRecord
- To use the SMS/email selector widget, select sc_lightning:GenerateSightCallWithRecipient
- Leave the Height at 250px.
- Enter a Label; the name is automatic.
Return to the Object Manager in your object (Salesforce does not redirect you properly after a new Action save).
Go to xxx Page Layouts and select the default layout.
- Click on the arrow menu at the right and select Edit. You should have a page like this:
- Hover over the Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Action and a little icon will appear on the bottom right part of this panel. Click on it to customize these actions.
- In the top menu, click on Mobile & Lightning Actions. Select your newly created action, and drag and drop it in the unlocked Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Action section. Place it as the first button.
Save your layout
Your button is now visible in your object! On a mobile device, a button is now showing up.
On a desktop, the button will display, by default, under the “Feed” section. To show the button, click on the “Add” or “Create new” button.