The third step is to create an OAuth client for the SightCall for ServiceNow package. During this procedure, you locate three pieces of information you need to register your SightCall for ServiceNow package:
- ServiceNow domain
- Client ID (created with the OAuth client app)
- Client Secret (created with the OAuth client app)
Once you have completed this procedure, the next step is to register your package.
Locating your ServiceNow domain
Your ServiceNow domain is contained within the URL used to connect to your ServiceNow Console.
For example, https://sightcall-dev.service-now.com where sightcall-dev is the ServiceNow domain.
Creating an OAuth Client
To create the OAuth client:
- Connect to your ServiceNow instance.
- Once connected, search for oauth, and click on Application Registry to create a new OAuth Client:
- Select New next to Application Registration.
- Select the option Create an OAuth API endpoint for external clients.
- On the new application form, use the following content in the fields:
- Name: SightCall
- Redirect URL: https://servicenow.sightcall.com/api/oauth-callback
- Logo URL: https://sightcall.com/assets/img/logo-color.svg
- Refresh Token Lifespan: 2147483647
- Access Token Lifespan: 1800000
- Leave everything else as is. The Client ID and Client Secret are automatically generated.
- Return to Application Registry detail.
- Copy your Client ID and your client Secret. Important: If your client secret has a colon punctuation mark (:), replace it with a ^
Your OAuth client for SightCall has been successfully created. Please copy the client ID and client Secret to Register your package.