Once the SightCall for ServiceNow package has been registered, the next step is to install the front end package to allow agents to see the SightCall interface from within ServiceNow. This is the last step to enable SightCall for ServiceNow integration.
Installing the OpenFrame plugin and the SightCall application
This section walks you through installing the OpenFrame plugin and the SightCall app. If you have the OpenFrame plugin installed, you do not need to reinstall it.
To install the OpenFrame ServiceNow plugin:
- Sign in to ServiceNow. Select System Definition > Plugins.
- Search for OpenFrame using the filter criteria and search bar. If you already have installed the plugin, you can skip this step.
- Select Install and then Activate on the Activate Plugin dialog.
To install the SightCall application for ServiceNow:
- Sign in to ServiceNow.
- Open a browser to the SightCall for ServicNow app page.
- Follow the installing instructions in the ServiceNow Store article.
Once the plugin and application are installed, the next step is to configure OpenFrame.
- Reload the page if you just installed the plugin.
- Search for OpenFrame and click on Configurations
- Create an OpenFrame with the following configuration:
- Name: SightCall
- Title: SightCall
- Active: Yes
- Width: 350
- Height: 350
- Icon Class: icon-phone
- Order: 1
- URL: x_sica_sightcall_SightCallHome.do
- Assign the x_sica_sightcall.sightcall role to your user.
- Navigate to User Administration > Users and open your user record.
- Click Edit on the Roles related list and add the role.
- Log out and log back in to your ServiceNow instance.
You should see the Phone button in the header of your ServiceNow instance. Click on it to start using SightCall