You can send guests a WebRTC test page to check their video and audio connections before connecting to a visual support session. To use this feature, your SightCall admin needs to first enable the WebRTC test page in your SightCall tenant.
Once the guest receives the link, they will be walked through their test connection.
Sharing the WebRTC test page for ACD Use Case
To use the WebRTC test page in the ACD use case, contact your SightCall admin and ask them to share the WebRTC test page URL for the ACD use case. Your admin can access this article for instructions.
Once you have the URL, you can include it in an email or calendar invitation to guests or attendees for visual support sessions.
Sharing the WebRTC test page for CODE Use Case
To use the WebRTC test page in a CODE use case, you can use the WebRTC "test page" mode to send a guest an SMS or Email so they can test their WebRTC connection prior to SightCall appointment. You can also generate a URL that can be shared with the guest via other methods of communication.
The followings steps use WebRTC test mode in a CODE use case:
- Login to console.sightcall.com (Agent Console)
- Select the Start menu.
- Select Mode = Test Page
- Select the notification method as desired and click Send. Once the Guest receives the test page link and click it, they will be redirected to the WebRTC test page.
Using the WebRTC Test Page
Guests can check the connection and performance of a WebRTC connection prior to a visual support session using the WebRTC test page. Guests can be sent this link by their SightCall agent.
When a guest clicks on a WebRTC Test Page link, their browser opens to the SigthCall Welcome page. To use this test page:
- Select Next on the Welcome page to begin the test.
- Verify the Camera, Audio Input, Audio Output options are correct and select Start the Test.
- The test will check the connection to the Cloud. The test may fail at this point if it is unable to connect to the cloud. If prompted, provide permission for the microphone and camera.
- The test will complete the connection to the cloud and then check the audio, video, and network performance.
The test will either complete successfully or fail. If the test fails, you will receive basic information about the issues. You can see additional technical details by pressing Show Technical Data. If you have issues before your visual support session, contact your SightCall agent for assistance.