You can use Speech Translation during a visual support session. This feature helps you understand and communicate clearly when language barriers may be an issue.
With Speech Translation, you can:
- Increase footprint for global organizations
- Add translation to visual assistance sessions with live speech translation between customers and agents
- Enable experts, technicians, and customers to easily communicate regardless of language barriers
- Engage the best qualified technician to deliver assistance
- Convert real-time speech to translated subtitles for both parties in the call
When you connect to a session with speech translation enabled, you will be prompted to select a language.
NOTE: This feature is available in the SightCall Enterprise and Premium Editions.
To use this procedure, you need to connect to a SightCall session using your mobile device.
Available translation time
Each tenant has a time allotment available for using the translation service.
TIP: Turn off the translation service if you are not actively using it. You can always turn it back on when it’s needed.
Connecting to the session
You may have different options available depending upon the speech translation options available for your scenario. These options are configured by your SightCall admin in the scenario’s use case.
To start a session:
- Select the connection link in the invitation to initiate the visual support session.
- Choose your language from the Language selection drop-down and select OK to connect.
- If prompted, allow access to the microphone and camera.
The session starts.
Starting speech translation during a session
Once you are in a session, you can start and stop translation multiple times.
To start translation:
- Once the session starts, select the gear icon to display the Devices selection
- Select Start translation at the bottom of the dialog. Close the dialog.
- Tap the screen to verify that the microphone is turned on.
Microphone enabled Microphone disabled
- Speak clearly, close to the microphone.
After a few seconds, the translated text will appear at the bottom of the device screen.
Viewing translation history
If the translation history is enabled for your session, you can view a log of every translated line in the Transcription window.
To view the translation history during an active session:
- Select the icon to the right of the Settings (gear) menu to display the Transcriptions window.
- Select the X in the top right of the Transcriptions window to close it.