During a session, SightCall can provide live speech translation in multiple languages, helping agents, guests, and attendees communicate.
With Speech Translation, you can:
- Increase footprint for global organizations
- Add translation to visual assistance sessions with live speech translation between customers and agents
- Enable experts, technicians, and customers to easily communicate regardless of language barriers
- Engage the best qualified technician to deliver assistance
- Convert real-time speech to translated subtitles for both parties in the call
This article explains how to use speech translation during a visual support session.
NOTE: This feature is available in the SightCall Enterprise and Premium Editions.
To use speech translation during a session, you need a scenario configured by your SightCall admin to enable live translation
Available translation time
Each Enterprise edition tenant is allocated an annual allowance of minutes that is included with your SightCall license. If you receive an error message that your account has no translation minutes remaining, please contact your SightCall admin for assistance.
TIP: Turn off the translation service if you are not actively using it. You can always turn it back on when it’s needed.
Using speech translation during a session
You may have different options available depending upon the speech translation options available for your scenario. These options are configured by your SightCall admin in the scenario’s use case.
To use speech translation:
- From the agent console (console.sightcall.com), select the Settings (gear) menu in the upper right corner.
- Verify that the Spoken Language selected matches the language you wish to use. The Spoken Language cannot be changed after the session starts.
- Start a session with a scenario that has speech translation enabled.
- Once the video call has been connected, select the Enable toggle from the Settings Menu > Speech Translation section to activate the feature (1 in the screenshot below).
- Change the subtitle (text) size, if desired.
- Verify that the microphone is enabled on your Local panel (2 in the screenshot below).
- Ask the guest to start translation:
- When the guest is connected via WebRTC, select the gear icon in the top, select Translation toggle, and then select Accept.
- When the guest is connected via the Visual Support apps, select the translation icon in the top right above the video to open the translation menu. From here, select Enable to begin translations for the guest.
- The translated text appears in the video stream (3 in the screenshot below).
Viewing the Translation History
If your admin enabled the translation history option, you can view the history during the call.
To display the translation history:
- Select the Settings (gear) menu.
- Select the Display History toggle in the Speech Translation