NOTE: Advanced annotations is a beta feature and is not production ready.
During a call, a guest can add annotations to a picture. The tools the guest can access are selected by the agent from the Editing panel; the user cannot select an editing tool.
The Editing panel changes to provide annotation options for the Guest (remote) or for the Agent (Me, local).
This article explains how an agent can select an annotation to use for themselves and how to choose an annotation for the guest to use.
In this article:
- Enabling advanced annotations
- Editing panel toggles
- Adding annotations with a guest
- Editing and deleting annotations
- Annotating pictures during and after a session.
- Editing pictures in the Preview gallery menu.
- Photo editing and annotation tools
Enabling advanced annotations
This article describes how to use advanced annotations, a feature currently in beta. Contact your SightCall admin for help enabling this capability.
Once enabled, you can configure the feature using the steps in the Enabling Photo Annotations in SightCall article.
Editing panel toggles
As an agent, you choose the annotations you and the guest use. There are two toggles on the Editing panel:
- The Pointers–Annotations toggle, which changes between the Live Pointer and Annotations
- The Me–Guest toggle, which determines if you are selecting annotations for the agent (Me), or the guest (Guest)
When toggled to Guest, the annotation tool you select determines what the guest can use. If the agent selects a caution symbol, then the guest can only annotate with a caution symbol.
Editing panel toggles set to Pointers and Me (default)
Editing panel with the toggle set to Guest, to select the guest's annotation options
Selecting annotations for a guest
To select annotations for a guest to use:
- From the remote console, select Take Snapshot to save an image or Pause Video to pause the live camera feed.
- Select Drawing to toggle the Editing panel. The icon status changes to Drawing On.
- Select the toggle to move it from Pointer to Shapes.
- Select options you, as the agent, want to use to annotate the image; in this example, a red freehand option.
- Change the toggle from Me to Guest.
- Select the options you want the guest to use; in this example, a caution symbol. Note: Guests cannot use Text Area.
- You and the guest can annotate the image using the selected tools for each.
- Preserve the changes by selecting Save or select Resume or Take HD Picture to discard your changes.
- Note: If you accessed annotations using the Preview gallery menu and then the Edit icon on a picture, close the image preview and select either Close and Save to preserve changes or Close to discard them.
Editing and deleting annotations
You can select and modify your own annotations, but you cannot edit ones made by a guest.
Using Erase Drawings to erase all of your and the guest’s annotations.
A guest can also remove annotations by selecting the Erase icon.