If you already installed SightCall plugin and still receive the "Please Download the latest version of the plugin" error when connecting to console.sightcall.com, then you can apply the following steps to fix the issue:
- Assuming you have full Admin access and permissions to the workstation, run the script to uninstall any Plugin remnants from your workstation. Afterwards, reinstall the Plugin.
- If the issue still occurs. get your IT team involved to review the Chrome policy in your environment:
- Open Chrome browser and browse to chrome://policy.
- Review the policies and make sure that you do not have any value set in NativeMessagingBlocklist or NativeMessagingUserLevelHosts
- If you have a "*" value in NativeMessagingBlocklist then you can simply add com.sightcall.chrome.driver value to NativeMessagingAllowlist
- If you have NativeMessagingUserLevelHosts set to "false", then either your IT team can reverse it (which may contradict the company IT policy) or you can use the Admin Plugin instead.
- If the issue still occurs. get your IT team involved to review your Network / Active Directory group policy and make sure the policy allows execution from the C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming folder.
Notes: xxxx = your username