If you already installed SightCall plugin and still receive the "Please Download the latest version of the plugin" error when connecting to console.sightcall.com, then you can apply the following steps to fix the issue:
- Assuming you have full Admin access and permissions to the workstation, run the script to uninstall any Plugin remnants from your workstation. Afterwards, reinstall the Plugin.
- If the issue still occurs. get your IT team involved to review the Chrome policy in your environment:
- Open Chrome browser and browse to chrome://policy. If you use Edge browser, browse to edge://policy
- Review the policies and make sure that you do not have any value set in NativeMessagingBlocklist or NativeMessagingUserLevelHosts
- If you have a "*" value in NativeMessagingBlocklist then you can simply add com.sightcall.chrome.driver value (if Chrome Extension is used) or com.sightcall.edge.driver value (if Edge Add-ons is used) to NativeMessagingAllowlist
- If you have NativeMessagingUserLevelHosts set to "false", you can reverse it if the IT policy allows. Otherwise, you can use the Admin Plugin instead.
- If the issue still occurs. get your IT team involved to review your Network / Active Directory group policy and make sure the policy allows execution from C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\npRTCCplugin folder.
Notes: xxxxx = your username
- Disable / uninstall any third-party video conference applications installed on the computer. One known example that's causing this issue in the past is PowerToys.