If you are trying to use SightCall in Chrome or Edge Chromium and are getting a message to download the plugin despite your previous installation of both the plugin and the extension, the following steps could help:
- Check if you are able to connect to console.sigthcall.com using Internet Explorer (IE) or Edge browser. If you are not able to connect using IE or Edge, then there's a chance some local IT policies are causing the issue.
- Open Chrome browser and browse to chrome://policy. Review the policies and make sure that you do not have any value set in NativeMessagingBlocklist or NativeMessagingUserLevelHosts
- If you have a "*" value in NativeMessagingBlocklist then you can simply add (or ask your IT to add com.sightcall.chrome.driver value to NativeMessagingAllowlist
- If you have NativeMessagingUserLevelHosts set to "false", then either your IT can reverse it (though this might contradict company policy) or else your company should be using the Admin Plugin instead.
- Review your Network / Active Directory group policy and make sure the policy allows execution from the C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming folder.
Notes: xxxx = your username