When troubleshooting complex issues, it is sometimes necessary for our support team to obtain additional information about the issue at hand through the logs that are generated when you connect to SightCall Console. If we are not able to replicate the issue on our side, then we might ask you to provide the logs that are generated when the issue occurs.
If this issue concerns console.sightcall.com, make sure you open console.sightcall.com/host?debug=true so that we can get more detailed logs. Note: This link will not work if you are running SightCall in an integrated environment (Salesforce, Genesys, ServiceNow, SAP, etc.). You are still able to open the Dev tools and execute the steps as mentioned below from your integration.
Below are the steps to generate a log file that can be sent to the Support team:
- Open your browser
- Log in to console.sightcall.com with your credentials (if possible)
- Press F12 to open the developer tools (or use the browser menu to open Developer tools)
- Select the 'Console' tab in the developer tools, you should see something like this:
- Make sure to check the box "Preserve logs" at the top of the dev tools:
- Click on Top under the Console tab and make sure console.sightcall.com is selected
- ---You can SKIP this step if you're in an integrated environment (Salesforce, Zendesk, etc)---
Add ?debug=true to the URL and reload the page (or copy paste https://console.sightcall.com/host?debug=true).
- You should see some text appear in the Console part of the dev tools
- Recreate the issue
- Right click the list of logs in the developer tools and click "Save As.." to save a file containing the logs
- Attach the file in your ticket to SightCall Support
If possible you can also send us HAR log files which can help pinpoint any Network errors